Wednesday, June 3, 2009

And more time speeds away...

Blink. There goes a week. Blink. There goes another week. Time continues to move quickly around here. Yes, yes...I know....time goes by at the same rate for everyone - it just feels faster for me.

School is now out and activities are wrapping up - so I am very hopeful that time will feel like it is slowing down around here.

So in two weeks we covered again more soccer, tball, work and stuff than I can remember. Also managed to squeeze in a flying visit to the hospital as my dad had a heart attack. That was a surprise for him and us.

Also got through Dam to Dam. Had the sheer fun of running with Mary and Steve. Mary I worked with for year and Steve was a friend from the Lounge. It was so nice to catch up and learn more about them over the miles. The day was great - a bit warm - but ok. One of Mary's friends started with us, but got sick at mile 2 and ended up with IV's and then a few days in the hospital. Since I learned the lesson of a heat stroke the hard way with last year's race - I really understood how hard it was for her to stop. But how scary for her to go through all those tests.

And my knee. 5 days left until the orthopedic appt. Can't wait. Not sure if I am hoping for him to tell me I am crazy and deal with it or tell me that there is really something wrong. Monday night it twisted in a way that about made me scream and faint. But then it went back to the right place and it was ok.

It still hurts to do the balance exercises so I have backed off. I am becoming less fond of inflicting pain upon myself intentionally. I am really tired of my knees hurting as well as being overly carefully of turning and twisting.

In the meantime, I really need to figure out what event is next.....Bix? ugh - hills. Tri? ugh - where to find time to swim? Nothing? ugh - don't like that option at all.

1 comment:

  1. where does time go? I hope your dad is doing okay now - scary stuff. And I hope you get some answers about your knee. Good luck with the appointment!

    ReplyDelete