Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just four weeks to go!

I am just a month away from Drake Relays Half Marathon. Did my 11 miler last week with no incidents. It was slow, but I got it done. The treat of the run was the chance to run from Indianola to Carlisle - one of my all time favorite runs. Not sure why point to point runs are so much more satisfying - but definitely are.

I was supposed to do 11 miles on Friday but the events of the week kept me from doing it. I finally got in 6 to do. Sure, I could have found time to do all 11, but mentally and physically I just wasn't up to it.

I think Jim's accident on Monday finally caught up with me. I am dead tired and my brain feels like mush. The lure of a mindless use of 2 hours just wasn't enough so I did 6 instead. It was ok. I took my time and tried to relax and just shake off the events of the week. It worked. By the end of the year, I felt lighter in my head. A bit of weight of my shoulders. I think I covered it in about 12 minute miles.

Now I need to redo my running schedule for the next month and see what I need to do and when in order to feel more prepared for my arch nemisis, the Drake Half Marathon.

Knee stayed in place. A bit of pain in the top of shin under the knee.

Did my PT exercises today. Stronger on left side. Right side still miserably week.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment