Sunday, March 29, 2009

And now....this blog

When Tom and I started the blog, Runners' Lounge, it was as a way to talk about our running, what we had learned, what we struggled with and most of all to connect with runners. I love running but love runners even more. Every runner inspires me.

And then the blog grew and so did our love and passion around connecting runners. So we built the Runners' Lounge community site with even more capabilities to connect runners to other runners and running information. And that site has grown and continues to grow. And over the last 18 months, we have found a slow transformation of the original blog from something that shared more of a personal connection of Tom and I with runners to a blog that shares what is going on in the running community.

And there is so much to share! Each week when Tom and I sit down and talk about what is going on in the Lounge there is usually more than we can pack into a week. And so week after week and new feature and new feature, I found that the personal posts about me, my running, my family, my running struggles, my running accomplishments, etc, etc did have a place in the Runners' Lounge blog and more than that - there were so many other great stories or information about other runners that I really wanted to share.

But now as I continue to struggle with my running, I am beginning to find that I miss the "journaling" aspect that comes with a running blog. A chance to think about my running, write it down, reflect on it and then look back later.

So, it seems like a natural progression that I would start a blog for me, Amy, the runner. A home for my running thoughts and stories and learnings and failures. A place to get a 1:1 or more personal connection to runners as well as help my running.

This blog is an unplugged version. No formatting, no editing, no prettying up. Just me and my running thoughts.

And as change and transition is an important part of continuing to live and learn, I am excited to start something new. So, without further ado.....now......here I go with this blog.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment