Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Damn Knee

Sunday nights are my least favorite time of the week. Starting about 4 pm, I switch into hypermom mode in order to get all the final weekend chores done, cook dinner, get kids clean, get kids ready for a week of school and activities, pick up the house, finish laundry and try to catch up on Lounge stuff. ugh. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Sunday night, after my 100th trip up the stairs with laundry and other crap, my right knee was screaming at me. It is always noisy and generally complains, but screaming doesn't even do it justice. It was bellowing, howling, wailing - all of those descriptions - so much so, I finally gave it and plopped down and iced it for 20 minutes.

Next day it was a bit better but still bothering me. I had hoped to walk that night - but no luck. It was close to 10 pm before I even sat down for the day to think. And Tuesday - had early am therapy - which was ok so no walking and then an evening of activities again.

The best part of therapy was the stim and ice at the end. Lordy be that was wonderful.

My at home therapy is now the side leg lifts, small knee bends, bridge (ackt!) and ball balances. Still under 10 minutes - so can do. Do need to pick up leg weights (ick). But I feel the progress. I just wish my knee would feel better. It hurts all the time under the knee cap and really hates hills and stairs.

I still plan to try to squeeze in 11 miles on Friday afternoon. Wonder where all the extra time will come from? I need to find time just to stare at the calendar and try to figure out where running can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment