Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I have conquered the Pike

Still not much running going on - a walk on the treadmill on Sunday and tonight - but squeezed into between chores.

But, I did get my PT exercises in on Sunday, Monday (at PT) and tonight. And Monday night, I conquered the dreaded pike on the ball AND my single leg bridges. If you aren't familar with this form of torture, the pike on the ball goes like this. You roll out on the ball until you are in a push up like form with your feet on the ball and arms in push up stance. And then you pull in the ball with your feet until you are in a pike position with your butt in the air. Let me say that the demonstration of this little move looked as easy as breathing when my PT did it. But it looked like a trainwreck with my first attempt last week.

But Monday night, I could hold it for 5 seconds and do 5 reps. Hot damn! And tonight at home, I pulled it off again. And then followed it with the @#$@#$@ single leg bridges - 10 seconds each leg, 3 reps. How such a simple exercise can make me quiver and shake like the bowl full of jello I am....I have no clue. But I can feel my lower back and hips and knee getting stronger and stronger.

The only bummer today is that my knee pain was back. From the moment I stepped out of bed in the morning until this moment - it hurt. I don't know if I overdid it at PT yesterday or it is the constant motion of the last few days - but it isn't feeling good. It hurts to walk on it, stairs, and sit. I am hoping tomorrow is better.

Only 11 days until Drake and I still have at least one big run to conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment