Sunday, April 12, 2009

How in the world did I lose an entire week?

In a blink of an eye it was gone. Where did all of last week go?

I think I lost it somewhere between 65 hours of work, 600 miles of driving, 3 soccer practices, 2 baseball practices, dance, 3 therapy sessions, one first communion class, one first communion, Easter services, Easter bunny duties, and maybe a few hours of sleep.

Didn't get a drop of running in between last Friday and this Friday. And was dead tired by the time Friday rolled around. So instead of doing the 12 on my calendar, I opted for 9. When I started, I told myself and my running friend Mary that this would either kill me or rejuvinate me. I am happy to say it didn't kill me. And it helped me last through Friday night with the kids.

Overall, the running is coming easier - when I am able to get it in.

My knee pain is so much better! It isn't gone, but I can do slight bends without screaming - so there is something. I love my PT. She seems to come up with just the right mix of strength training that is making me stronger in the right places. I can't believe the difference 30 minutes of simple exercises 5 times a week can do.

I can know do back leg lifts (on my side) with 1 1/2 pound ankle weights without falling over. My single leg bridges (ack!) are stronger and I can hold them 10 seconds each without dying or collapsing. My balance still sucks as do my squats - but it is coming.

Just two weeks until Drake. I have resigned myself that I will be last and will probably miss the cutoff. But, since I am still running and my knees are holding up -it have renewed hope that I am going to be able to finish. It's all about perspective, no?

Now back to the frig to stare at the family calendar and figure out where my next three runs are going to fit in. If at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment